‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Great Kids/ Terrible Life

I am counting the hours till we return to the orphanage this Friday. It was so evident our 2 day visit  made a huge impact. I want to get back there as soon as possible. And this time we'll have three days with them! Three hours squished in a taxi with a chain-smoking, techno-blasting, speed-hound is actually worth it, as much as my heart was in my throat for the ride back last week.

But here are more photos of the kids. They speak for themselves. Although I do know the names of these children, I can't post them -- especially with this hosting program in the works. But next week I will be creating a private album on my facebook page where you can see photos and read bios on many of these children.  

My new friend Tammy from Project 431 and I hope to bring six of these children over for Christmas. Tnen, God willing, more in the summer. We have tentative approval from the local DOE and the Orphanage Director is beside herself with excitement. I'll ask tammy if I can post her contact info here if anyone is interested in hosting. For now, enjpy these other glimpses of these awesome, forgotten children...



The younger cuties
This boy above told me thank you at least a dozen times.
Sweetheart trying to sleep in a room full of noisy teenagers..
A-- and S--. I met them first 5 years ago. They are still here...
This is S--. He's been here forever too. I have him on video at four years old singing for me, in 2005.


This sweetie adored Nastia and followed her everywhere. She also loved her barbie so much, she clutched the packaging everywhere she went too!



They all need your thoughts and prayers. Print out their photos and post them in your house. Remember them. There are millions just like them, all over the world....

4 comments:

  1. Stas is really growing into a handsome young man. Love the eyes on the boy in the second photo - you could drown in those eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hosting?! Will you be able to place kids in Ohio?! Please keep in touch. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keri, I would be happy to help you with your hosting program ;-) I do grunt work too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do we hook up to the facebook account? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!