‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

You.....Yes YOU....Thank You

I have been so grateful for all the comments over the past few months. I cannot tell you how much they meant to me. This blog has truly been a lifeline for me while here...and I thank each and every one of you for taking the time to comment, ask questions, tell me you're praying, share links, tell funny stories, cheer me up when needed.  It is not always possibly to answer eevry comment, but I wanted to take a moment to tell you that I read every single one with great focus and, usually, joy.

That said, I wanted to remind anyone who is waiting for a reply from me, to be unafraid to send a gentle reminder. Having ADD is a blesssing and a curse --and the curse is the inability to keep track of so many loose ends! When you write and ask me a question, I may have every intention of answering it right away, but I often get distracted by another important item on my agenda...and then the original item is lost forever. I truly don't mean to, and I honestly really do appreciate the gentle reminders.

I know many of you have written and asked for answers to various questions : Is that girl available for adoption? Can you send me the name of a child to send a care package to? Keri, what is your address? Keri, I have a great idea for _______, what do you think?  If I did not answer, it's not because I didn't want to or plan to, it's because my brain doesnt work like a normal brain! That used to be embarrassing to admit, but now I just realize it is part of who I am, and I just need to accept it and humbly ask for help.

So, feel free to comment below with your unanswered questions. If ALL the remaining questions are in one place, it will be easier for me to keep track of! The other thing you can  do is write me an email. (But don't do both -- that'll just confuse the heck out of me!)

My email is: KeriCahill34(at)gmail(dot)com. I'll remove this after a few days so I don't get a lifetime of spam. But for now, feel free to use it.

Off to buy final items for the Thanksgiving Feast!

6 comments:

  1. We leave next week for Birobidjan (also in Siberia) to adopt our little girl who we hosted this summer. Thank you for all that you do for the orphans in Siberia and for giving them a wonderful holiday season!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Happy Thanksgiving

    My daughter is from Prokopyvesk baby home # 2 and seeing your pics brings back memories of the month we spent there in Feb/March 2006 record cold spell.

    Thank you for all that you are doing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if my package arrived OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keri ... what you are doing is amazing and I am rivited by your blog. 'Still trying to catch up on it all. I cannot keep Ksusha out of my mind and prayers. We are not in a position to adopt but I pray she finds her forever family! Did you see this post from someone named April? She replied to your blog titled "God Asked Me To Post This"

    " April said...
    My husband and I are praying and hoping to get more information about Ksusha and what agency we will need to contact about adopting her. we can't get her out of our minds and hearts and really want to talk the agency and see if we might have time. Thanks.

    5:07 PM "

    'Just want to be sure you didn't miss this, just in case there is anything you can do to help facilitate things for April re Ksusha.

    'Hope you all have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving celebration. I am excited to see the pictures and hear all about it.

    MariaG (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keri, I hope you have received the package I sent you! I'm worried what will happen to it if it doesn't arrive until after you leave. I sent it to the apartment, priority mail, about 2 1/2 wks. ago. It has the cards for the 6 girls you emailed me about and I stuffed it with a bunch of other goodies for the girls. Will you let me know if you received it?
    Thank you!! Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachael, though I didnt receive it yet...no worries! My Landlord is great and she will give all package notifications to my friend Svetlana, who will pick them up and deliver them in person to the orphanage right efore Christmas! THe packages dont come here...only a notification & them you hae to go to the PO to pick it up. Svetlana will take care of it...no worries! It took the last priority package 22 days to get here! Such is life in Russia...

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!