‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Spare Change?

Making my final visit to the orphanage on Thanksgiving Day for two whole days of true thanksgiving. I'm planning a giant Thanksgiving dinner for all 100 children!

Although we cannot find turkey in Siberia (we tried), Nadezhda and I settled on looking for the largest roast chickens we can find. Nastia helped to make the menu which includes mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, apple pie with ice cream, and warm rolls with butter. We will also have bowls of fruit (as they never get it) and candy (another treat.)

If you want to give your spare change to this final hurrah, please do. I'm no fool. I know that everything, everything I am getting to do over here is only because of all the generous people who read my blog. And this feast is no different. I left them with some of the money earmarked for more boots...lol. A Thanksgiving dinner just seemed more important at that moment. (I know, I know...my ADD is surely showing.)

Well, whether you can contribute or not, it will happen. I do have an emergency credit card:) It would be a stretch to use it to buy Thanksgiving dinner for 100. But c'mon....sometimes a feast IS an emergency.

Here are some of the lovely pilgrims you'd be feeding:

Elena...

Anya and Sasha

Genya

Another Sasha!

Galya
If donating, just use the paypal button on the top of the blog, and put "Thanksgiving" in your message.

4 comments:

  1. Where do you get the energy! You amaze me! Donation has been made. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You melt my heart with those wonderful pictures girl.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Canadian fiv-er heading your way, I only wish it could be more. I forgot to put something in the subject line, but I trust you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keri - Just finished donating, and so happy to help. I'm so proud of you and impressed by what you continue to accomplish. The pictures you have posted say so much. Please give all of the kids an extra hug for me and my daughter, adopted from Karelia, Russia three years ago. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!