‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Took Advantage Today...

.........of tax-free shopping in Massachusetts!


Nastia and I pooled our change, along with some donations from friends, and headed to Walmart and bought $200 worth of goodies for the kids at her orphanage! I usually bring them only clothes, shoes, toiletries and candy. But I really have this vision to hand every single one of them a toy of their own this time. I figure I could spend $5 on each child.

Nastia and I are both bringing only 3 changes of clothing so we can fit more stuff for the kids in our bags. Here is some of what we bought -- all under $5 each!  We got these for the boys. We bought all different kinds, and some of the disney pixar ones (Mater and such) for the little guys under age seven.


Then we bought lots of these for the girls...


But we got all different characters, with few doubles, so there would be less fighting. ( Nastia's sage advice..lol.) They had Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, and a host of others. I'm sure we got something to please every taste!


In honor of my friends' daughter, Greta, we also got some of these little ponies. As Nastia says, some girls are way more into horses than dolls:)

And, finally, we bought a few tiny baby dolls very the little ones. 
We made sure each one had a different outfit!

If you have  ideas for really lightweight, small toy items, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Beanie babies? And they aren't too expensive from what I recall . . . we have piles of them from when the older kids were little, so my little RADish has tons of them to play with, we haven't had to buy any in a long time.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!