‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tag, You're It

I'm very late with this, but I got distracted by this nasty stomach bug and just plain forgot! I was tagged last week by Diana at Gold to Refine. And I'm finally getting to it - sorry Diana!

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules.

2. Share seven random or weird facts about yourself.

3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post with their links.

4. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So here are my 7 weird things, though they are not weird to me:

1. I talk to trees (usually telling them how wonderful they are) on my daily walks & sometimes hold them while doing so (if no one is around.) I can feel their gratitude.
2. I saw a fairy when I was ten years old. It was amazing.
3. I used to hear incredibly beautiful songs in my dreams as a child, and then I'd sneak down to play them on my piano at three or four in the morning. I still can play some of them.
4. I have kept detailed journals since I was ten and still have every last one.
5.I love the smell of my dog's feet. I do not know why.
6. In 1991, I lived in a medieval castle turned convent in England with a group of nuns, and briefly considered joining their order.
7. I always have to put lotion on the bottom of my feet before standing barefoot on a rug. If I don't, it hurts my teeth! ( I know this maybe borders on 'too weird', but try having to live with it!)

I now tag:

1. Lisa, my online kindred spirit. We haven't met in person, but feel like we've known each other for years. She is an amazing woman. go read her blog if you haven't. She has a RAD daughter just like me!

2. Holly, another online mom I admire for her deep deep love for her sweet sweet butterfly girl!

3. CJ., a cool and awesome RAD mom who has waaay too much in common with me..lol.

4.Matroyshka, who lives my dream life up in Maine with her beautiful daughter Jupiter.

5. JenMac, a blogging mom I just discovered and LOVE for her honesty.

6. Torina, the RAD mom I aspire to be like. Her blog cracks me up as often as it makes me cry.

7. Queen Kristina, whom I found thru Torina's blog. This girl cracks me up so badly, I need spackle after reading her posts.

Go visit their blogs. And girls, get writing!

2 comments:

  1. I would never hate you, because I adore you! But, don't hate me. I have about 30 tags that I haven't done and need to get to. I generally don't do them because I get so many, but I might surprise you one day!

    And I don't even know what to say about the dog's feet. I don't think I've ever smelled dog's feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know there's someone out there as weird as I am. I love the smell of my dog,she's not stinky like some dogs are, her feet? mmmm...
    I'm pretty sure that I could see fairies when I was very small, but the memory has faded. And I hug trees and talk to them too! They usually call me first, but sometimes not.I would love to talk about your "haunted " house and exchange stories. Are you psychic? jeNN

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!