‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Helping My Daughter Love Herself


One day last year, after Anastasia had had a particularly horrible meltdown, I made her a list of some of the things that were really wonderful and special about her. I typed it up in a rainbow of colors and fonts (but I don't know how to paste it here in HTML, so it'll appear rather boring here...) Here is the list that still hangs over the desk in her room. I thought I'd share this idea with other moms. I know she reads it when I'm not in the room, because she will often repeat some of them to me when she is in a silly mood:


My Daughter Anastasia …

is Smart
is Kind
is Funny
is Artistic
is Beautiful
is caring of others
is a spectacular daughter
is a wonderful friend
has a big heart
has a quick mind that learns things very fast
has a beautiful singing voice
has amazing blue eyes that sparkle when she’s happy
has gorgeous hair (that everyone is jealous of!)
has a great smile that lights up my day
has outstanding athletic ability
can speak two languages fluently
can cook delicious food
can make people laugh very easily
can save money better than anyone I know
can dance a little TOO well…lol
can do gymnastics
can sew by hand and by machine
can paint amazing pictures
can make up beautiful songs
can do thousand piece puzzles
can rollerblade and skate

She is the BEST daughter in the World!

1 comment:

  1. can you scan it or take a photo.

    by the way -- i'm so happy to see updates. i miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!