‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Monday, December 27, 2010

Meet One of My Very Favorite Bloggers!

One of my favorite blogs has nothing to do with Russia or orphanages or adoption. It is written by a delightful woman in her 80s named Lorrene. I love reading her accounts of life during the depression and her early struggles as a new war bride (at 17 years of age!).

Do yourself a favor and add Lorrene to your list. There is a sweetness about her I just can't describe. And funny, boy is she funny sometimes! This is Lorrene at 8 years old. I love this photo:

Lorrene, hope you don't mind I shared this photo!
Here are some of my favorite Lorrene posts. Do yourself a favor and check them out:)

My Long Sad Tale
Not to be Published...
Pearl Harbor Day
The Day The Lights Came On




2 comments:

  1. How can I thank you for the nice endorcement. What a wonderful treat. I appreciate you so much.
    Lorrene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy her writing too! : )

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!