‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Monday, December 29, 2008

I'm Missing Something Today

...but I don't know what it is. I feel this longing, a deep longing and sadness for something but I really can't put my finger on what it is. I feel like I am maybe missing some Utopian alternate life that has never really existed. I feel nostalgic and bittersweet and like a darkening cloud is encircling me and my little world. It's like that feeling of missing home when you are little and far away from the things that are familiar. I'm sure you know the feeling.

Anyway, just setting that down on paper, so to speak, takes the edge off. Time for a long, self-indulgent walk in the woods I think...

4 comments:

  1. I have three wild girls are in my house right now and it's a zoo. Trade ya.
    Seriously...hoping this comment finds you feeling more back to sorts.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I know this feeling well....usually triggered by seasonal changes for me and the urge to "run away" and find "home".... I hope your walk helped it pass. I'm enjoying your blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, time to spoil yourself a little. I have those feelings more often than I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was feeling that way today too.. Have you read The Shack, by WM. Paul Young... I'm about half way through.. balling my eyes out.. and relieved at it.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!