‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Home Away From Home

Rebel Shakespeare headquarters:)

See this idyllic spot, with the ocean not too far in the background? This is my other home. For the past twenty-two summers I have been a part of something wholly wonderful, and something I still can't believe I make a living at! Rebel Shakespeare.

This is where I get to spend the next two months:


It has all kinds of interesting little hidden spots for rehearsing our plays...




 Winter Island, the summer home of Rebel Shakespeare, is a local treasure. I spent many summer days here when I was growing up. My Dad was one of the local political figures who helped 'win' it for the City of Salem when it was no longer in use by the Coast Guard. It's a gorgeous little 'island' that juts out from Salem, near the Willows Park. Here is a partial aerial view:


In just a few short weeks I'll be spending every day there from early morning till later afternoon. I'll be surrounded by a few dozen spectacular kids, and a phenomenal staff. I honestly haven't been able to sleep well the last few nights, because the anticipation is so great! Don't know if my staff will kill me for sharing their photos, but here are some of the wonderful folks who'll be directing with me this summer...

Dan G.
Taylor J....
Mikhaela M..

Maeve H...

Tyrel B  (on the right) with his magical significant other, Darcy.

Ryan B..
These are only a few of the jolly souls I get to spend my days with. Maybe now you have a little understanding as to why I'm so unbearably lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!