‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Thirty Hours

That's how much time I have left to get about 300 hours of work done before we board our flight. It always happens this way. I get slammed with work from every corner of my life right before I travel anywhere. I shouldn't even be blogging, I know! Just wanted to tell everyone that we are headed out tomorrow. It'll be days of travel before we reach Siberia, but I'm thankful for 2 days to catch up on sleep in Moscow.

Many difficult situations occurred before our leaving, though I can't really blog about them. I will let you know that I won't be bringing my dossier with me for D. I've cried for a week over this, but it's time to just deal with the facts and keep moving forward. I have no idea how I'll afford yet another trip over there to submit my papers this summer. No idea. but I'm going to leave that dilemma up to God.


I am going to try to blog every day while we are away. We'll be in Moscow from the 23rd to the 26th, then Kemerovo from the 27th to the 5th of June. Pray for safe and easy travel, and that we accomplish all we can in this too-brief visit. Between us four travellers, we are bringing eight gigantic duffle bags full of donations for the orphanage. Each of us managed to pack all our personal belongings into our carry-on backpacks. I'll take photos of our parade of bags tomorrow.


Things I'm excited about? Of course seeing Anya and D are at the top of the list, but also -- seeing the other orphanage kids, my Shakespeare students, my friend Svetlana, Nastia's grandmother and aunt and cousin, are all right up there. In addition, getting to experience this trip through Bridget's eyes will be a huge treat, as will getting to eat my favorite Russian soup again.



Siberia, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!!!

    Email me at aginmoscow at gmail.com to let me know when you'll be here; yes, yes, let's get together :-) As for the black beans, if you have any space in your bags, bring stuff for the kids and people who care for them; I can certainly live without my black beans :-) Another expat friend also has a bag she offered me, so I'm set :-)

    Look forward to meeting you!

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Praying for safe travels and that the rest of the finances and documents will work themselves out! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!