‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Monday, June 17, 2013

Darkness and Light

I will have to write this later as internet is spotty. But wanted to say I'm here and it has been a very very intense trip ...  from Anya being hospitalized to being banned from the orphanage by a very corrupt and terrible woman at the Kemerovo Department of Education. I have not cried so hard since the last time I was here. What is it with Russia and tears? Anyway, some things are not safe to post here now that I found out I am being 'watched' by some nasty types in Kemerovo. How ridiculous. It turns out to be payback for testifying in a court case in the States against a very corrupt agency. Didnt take long for that news to travel here...

Anyway, my faith is sustaining me, and my love for Anya, Daniel, and all the kids at orphanage #5. One of the caretakers told me they are out of shoes again, so I am going shopping tomorrow to buy as many sandals as I can afford AND carry...lol. I cannot bring them to the orphanage myself, but I have an intermediary who is allowed to bring the gifts. More when I can....

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:46 AM

    Keri - I'm a longtime reader, first time commenter -- and in praying for you.

    Is there anything you/orphanage kids need? Can I send you a small $ donation to help??

    VS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:52 AM

    Keri - I just sent u a request to join your #5 orphaanage group on Facebook. (My initials are vs, and its from my yahoo acct)

    Vs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38 AM

    Oh Kerri. Hang in there. You are one of the strongest women I know. xo
    Ina, not anon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad for the update, although this is terrible! Keep us in the loop, Keri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:54 PM

    OH Keri... Does this mean you will be unable to see D? My heart breaks for you! Hugs and Prayers! Debby_in_MA

    ReplyDelete
  6. hishandsandfeet11:58 PM

    let us know how we can help. I dont have much, but I can certainly send a little bit each month to help the least of these.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!