|Kemerovo Region, from the air.|
First, there is the fact that Project 143 needs me to go over as a representative to meet with the DOE in Kemerovo to get a final yes or no to our hosting program. Without saying too much, the DOE has made hoop-jumping into an art form these past few months, and poor Tammy of Project 143 has had to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars and untold hours of time trying to submit ever-changing requirements to the DOE. At this point, it only makes sense to have a person there to meet with them and convince them, face to face, that we need an answer now -- even if that answer is 'no.' Project 143 will assist with my travel expenses.
Second, through our dealings with the DOE for this hosting program, we have just found out that the 'decision-makers' will be on vacation from April 25th until after May 15th. If we do not get an answer before their vacation, the hosting program cannot happen. Also, this means that I cannot be issued an official referral for D until after May 15th. This puts his adoption off by quite a bit, and could easily mean that my court date does not happen until after the summer recess. ( The Kemerovo Judge is away for the entire month of August every year.)
Third, but most important to me, Anya is not faring well. She has reached her limit once again, is is suffering with depression and is begging me to come back. 'Even just for a day, mama.' I had told her I'd likely be there in February. She is desperate to see her sister and me as soon as possible.
The hard part is I will have to plan our trip very quickly and this is not something I am good at OR enjoy. I'm worried about all the plans I need to make in the next week or two. I'd have to find a way to be IN Kemerovo no later than April 21st so I can meet with the DOE contact before her vacation. That means leaving the US by the 19th, which means I have less than two weeks to plan.
Will you help me? Will you pray for smooth sailing? My track record as of late is not good. I need much in the way of prayer and support. Aside from praying, I could use help with simple logistical plans -- what are my priorities when I go to the orphanage? I likely will only get to spend two full days there because of time and money constraints. How can I best serve Anya while I am there? How can I keep myself physically well? Flying causes major arthritis flare-ups for me, and I always come down with a fever or bad cold after such a long flight. Any advice? Lastly, please pray also that the 'decision-maker' at the DOE will approve this program. I cannot even tell you how much time, energy, money and work has gone into planning it. I can't bear the thought of 'no', even though I know that is the most likely answer.
Love to all of you, and great gratitude.
|Siberia, from the ground.|