‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Thursday, February 05, 2009

A Silver Lining, Always


You may think I'm nuts to say there is a silver lining in this whole auto immune disease saga, but there is. And I'm not just saying it to sound like a saint or pretend all is well when it's not. I really do meant it. The past few days were just awful. Constant, tremendous, infuriating pain throughout my body. I wanted to throw myself off a bridge. ( Well, not literally, but you get the idea..) And then today....

The sun came out! Well, that's what it felt like. It was like the sun coming out after a week of darkness. It was a nearly pain-free day, and it put me in such a wonderful, grateful mood.... it felt like it was my birthday or something!

So, I really am amazed at pain's ability to make you aware of how awesome normal, pain-free days are. I was soooooo happy to be able to bend and sit and climb stairs...and PEE...lol. The whole world seemed sunny today. And what do I have to thank for this perfect awareness of this beautiful day? The pain of the last four days.

So, I'm not going to be preachy or anything, but there really is a silver lining to the yucky stuff. I found it today. Now, tomorrow I may feel like crap again and be grumpy, but for this moment in time, I am grateful for my body, my ability to walk and sit and climb stairs and turn my head and all those simple things we take for granted every single day.

Yippee for a plain old run-o-the-mill day!!!!
PS: Anastasia took that photo of the sun. I think it's beautiful.

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you on this pain free day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you caught your moment in time and thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are being featured on Five Star Friday!
    http://www.fivestarfriday.com/2009/02/five-star-friday-edition-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that you're feeling better xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I hope you have aLOT more of these to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture and I'm so glad to hear you had a pain free day. I hope today was more of the same and the pain free days begin to outnumber the bad days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog. I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I hope you have many many pain free days. Your blogs often make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're feeling better....just wondering if you've seen a rheumatologist. I have an auto-immune disease as well, and some of the meds that my rheumatologist has put me on have made a world of difference. There's a whole class of meds called Anti-Rheumatic Modifying Drugs or something like that, and they have made a huge difference in my everyday pain level...just something to think about. But I love your attitude and hope that you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!