‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

What's Going On

Anya sent us updated photos of Sasha today, and they are so beautiful! I can't wait till she gives me the okay to share some publicly. Until then, you'll have to just imagine the most exquisite, chubby-cheeked cherub, with soulful eyes, a button nose, and the sweetest little lips that look just like Anya's. In every photo she is staring adoringly at her mama, and her mama ( Anya) has the biggest, most joyful smile on her face. I could burst from happiness. I honestly did not know how Anya would take to being a mom, but by her own admission, she is in love!

No adoption news this week, just more not so patient waiting. I talk to my little miss sunshine today ( I call her every week) and she was chattering away about school, her little foster brother, her after school sports program, and how cold it is getting there! 'You better bring every warm thing when you come!' she  warned me.

Nursing a sore throat/sinus infection today that I caught from Nastia, which is annoying, but should be short-lived based on the amount of healthy things I am taking to fight it. I just have much to do, so I get frustrated when I'm slowed down like this. I'm trying to make the best of it by catching up on reading, since all I feel like doing is drinking tea, sleeping and lying in bed!

My whole life feels like it is in a holding pattern while I await the court dates. Hard to make any plans when you know you'll be heading overseas any minute. so I'm focusing on cleaning and organizing everything, but one can only do so much of that without going crazy!

I miss the summer already. I miss the sun, and long days outdoors. My body and mind seem to be craving more light. I'm trying to convince myself to get up at dawn every day (when I'm feeling better) and walk outdoors while the sun is first coming up. Thus far I have only managed to hit my snooze alarm until 7am every day. I'll make a renewed commitment once I'm feeling less blah.

I haven't forgotten about supporting the 7 older girls who aged out of the orphanage. I sent money for them to share last month, and I hope to match them with people soon. I'm just still struggling with how best to help them, and finding better ways to send them the funds other than western union. But haven't found anything better yet. Keep them in your prayers as winter approaches. They are all doing ok for now, but winter brings its own set of challenges there, and I know they need more support in the coming months than they have needed this summer.

I'm hopeful that the next time I post will be good news of travel abroad, God willing!

1 comment:

  1. Beth t.5:09 PM

    Nice! Thanks for the update. Always welcome, you know... Love!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!