|N and me, Newport in September|
First - apologies that the blog was closed for awhile. Someone posted a threatening comment a few weeks ago and it was specific enough that it spooked me, and I called the authorities. They suggested I close it while they looked into it. It's still not clear what I should do, but I've removed a great number of posts from the last few years that dealt directly with my daughter. I'll figure out which ones I can re-publish once I get back from my trip. I just felt it important to open it back up tonight so I could share my good news:
So, the big news is, I'm heading to Siberia again in 3 days. Due to the contract I signed, I can't say much more publicly about the trip, except that it is adoption-related and I hope to post good news upon my return. I can say that I will get to see Anya,too! And Anya still has no idea I'm coming! I hope to reach her before I leave on Friday!
Several of my friends have asked if they can give a donation for the orphanage for this trip. I think it's honestly best to wait for my next trip, as this trip is brief and I will likely only have one day to shop for the orphanage, and I already have enough money donated this past year to probably spend on that one day I'll have to shop. if you DO donate, I will do my best to spend it while there. If I can't, it will remain in the account until my final trip in 2-4 months.
But there is something you can do for me now. Pray. Pray like there's no tomorrow! This trip could be fraught with obstacles, and due to the delicate timing involved, I can't afford anything to go wrong. If things do not go well this trip, I will likely lose the only chance I have to bring a certain child home. I'm scared but I'm trusting God. The timing of this trip is very unexpected, but I've already seen a small miracle occur in relation to it that can only be attributed to Divine Intervention.
I have so much to say, but no time to say it! Once I get my tickets purchased and suitcase packed, I will try to post more. In the meant time, I hope you will take a moment to pray for me tonight and in the coming days, if you feel you can. Nastia is not going with me, so I'm doubly nervous. She'll be staying here at home with a revolving list of friends and family who have offered to watch over her.