‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Nothing Better...


There is nothing better I can do than spend time with these children. There is no other way for me to feel so alive.

Tonight was hours upon hours of giddy madness in my basement, and up the stairs, and in the hallways and kitchen... A large scattering of children carefully cutting patterns for their costumes, passionately sewing up awkward seams, discerningly choosing fabrics for Macduff and Fleance and Young Siward. A whirl of costumed sprites running about my house and yard with joyful abandon...no rules, no curfews, no "don't touch, no "be quiet"...just laughter and scissors and boiling pots of aprons on my stove and furious little workers dirtying up some cloaks with mud and rocks and twigs in my front yard.

Today, was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!