‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

'Everything You Can Imagine Is Real'


Pablo Picasso


That quote is a balm to me. Pablo Picasso said it. He said alot of wonderful things. Mental note to myself: read more of what Pablo Picasso said.

So, this is just a quick check-in. I'm happy. I'm content. I'm even experiencing moments of bliss, but it is certainly not because my life is drama free. I don't want to go into details, but I am watching three people die right now. It's very hard (understatement), but I am learning alot (again, understatement) -- learning about being more present in my own life, how not to let their eventual deaths tear me down, but perhaps widen my heart instead.

My daughter is a constant source of joy and amusement. And frustration. After all, she is fourteen and still unknowlingly campaigns to be the poster girl for Reactive Attachment Disorder. But lately I am loving our time together. Simply loving it. I learn so much from her, and I am rapt in awe watching her grow, her mind expand and let light the light in. What a wonderful thing to be witness to.

So, good night sweet friends. I'm off to do walk the dogs, and then dishwasher and laundry duty and then bed.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!