Monday, June 17, 2013

Darkness and Light

I will have to write this later as internet is spotty. But wanted to say I'm here and it has been a very very intense trip ...  from Anya being hospitalized to being banned from the orphanage by a very corrupt and terrible woman at the Kemerovo Department of Education. I have not cried so hard since the last time I was here. What is it with Russia and tears? Anyway, some things are not safe to post here now that I found out I am being 'watched' by some nasty types in Kemerovo. How ridiculous. It turns out to be payback for testifying in a court case in the States against a very corrupt agency. Didnt take long for that news to travel here...

Anyway, my faith is sustaining me, and my love for Anya, Daniel, and all the kids at orphanage #5. One of the caretakers told me they are out of shoes again, so I am going shopping tomorrow to buy as many sandals as I can afford AND carry...lol. I cannot bring them to the orphanage myself, but I have an intermediary who is allowed to bring the gifts. More when I can....

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:46 AM

    Keri - I'm a longtime reader, first time commenter -- and in praying for you.

    Is there anything you/orphanage kids need? Can I send you a small $ donation to help??

    VS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:52 AM

    Keri - I just sent u a request to join your #5 orphaanage group on Facebook. (My initials are vs, and its from my yahoo acct)

    Vs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38 AM

    Oh Kerri. Hang in there. You are one of the strongest women I know. xo
    Ina, not anon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad for the update, although this is terrible! Keep us in the loop, Keri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:54 PM

    OH Keri... Does this mean you will be unable to see D? My heart breaks for you! Hugs and Prayers! Debby_in_MA

    ReplyDelete
  6. hishandsandfeet11:58 PM

    let us know how we can help. I dont have much, but I can certainly send a little bit each month to help the least of these.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!