Sunday, July 11, 2010

Things I Didn't Know I'd be Doing


Hosting a six year old brings with it a whole host of new experiences for the host parent. Here are a few things I didn't know I'd be doing. Any sound familiar to anyone?

1. I didn't know I'd ever be getting up at 5am to play barbies. Every day.
2. I didn't know I'd ever go through a box of band-aids a day.
3. I didn't know I'd ever hear myself say 'please don't pee in the tub' .
4. I didn't know I'd be cleaning sunflower seeds out of butt cracks.
5. I didn't know I'd be changing bed linens every. single. night.
6. I didn't know I 'd ever have badly painted, neon pink-glitter nails. (Yes, my nails.)
7. I didn't know I'd ever lie to a child. 'No, the ice cream truck only plays music when it's out of ice cream...'
8. I didn't know I'd ever hear myself saying 'Please don't lick the dog.'
9. I didn't know I'd ever be wearing fairy wings and a pink tutu -- willingly.
10. I didn't know I'd be so in love with a little girl that I'd be crying myself to sleep at the thought of losing her.

And as to the photo above -- Have you ever caught yourself saying  'Honey, please give me the keys and get out of the driver's seat' to a six year old? No? Didn't think so.

5 comments:

  1. LOLLOLLOLLOL!!!!!!! How about, "Please don't look under the walls at the other people in the bathroom (or voting booth). They want privacy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it about the ice cream truck! Priceless! Completely stealing that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:42 AM

    Hahaha! Too funny! I keep my fingers crossed for the adoption option! :D
    ~N~

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Great laugh to finish off the morning, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. Number 4 and number 7 had me cracking up. Number 8? Well, I have said that a few times myself!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!