Sunday, January 04, 2009

Out Of The Mouths Of (RAD) Babes...


Had to post this, as I've been laughing about it all evening:

As most of you know, Anastasia is on the antidepressant celexa. It's been two months now & hugely successful. She would never remember to take the pill on her own -- I give it to her at dinner time each day. Today I tried to give it to her and she insisted I had already given her one.

" No, honey, that was yesterday. You're confused." I explained. She refused for a while, and I became insistent. (Side effects of skipped meds are no fun..)

So, as she is about to put the pill in her mouth, she stops and gives me a very serious, stern look.

"Ok, if you say so!" she yells...

" But it's YOUR fault if I'm extra happy today!"

She swallows the pill, storms out of my room and slams the door.

I'm still giggling.

6 comments:

  1. This same scene has played out in my house sooooo many times! Yah, well, Mom - ya gotta take the blame for something, I guess. Tee-hee-hee. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, hope you both had an extra happy day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!! Once again I am left wondering...my child supposedly does not have RAD, but if you would have put her name in there instead of Anastasia's, well, it doesn't take a stretch at all to envision it!!!

    LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, I loved that! I'm still giggling, Kids are better than tv for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jupiter would SO say that. I hear "It's your fault 30 times a day, I swear!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! I'd like to take two a day, myself.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!