‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Friday, June 07, 2013

THANK YOU!

This has been an exhausting but rewarding day. I've been trying to squeeze as many items into my carry-on as possible, as our two suitcases were full. Then I checked paypal, and aside from an amazing $500 in total donations that has come in this week for the older girls, there was an additional $100 from a friend with the stipulation that it be used solely for baggage fees. This means I can take an additional suitcase! Nastia is not happy about this (lol) because we have many years of experience trying to bring more bags than we can manage. I had been telling her for months that if we got to go to Russia, we wouldn't have extra bags because it's just too darned expensive. Of course she reminded me of that what she saw me packing a new bag today!

Thank you thank you thank you to the seven of you who donated this week. I would post your names here, but I know most of you prefer to remain anonymous. Just know I celebrate each one of you and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help more girls over there! I will make you proud, I promise!

In other good news, I was on Russian facebook for hours last night talking to several of the girls. A few of them said that I will be able to visit the orphanage with no problem. Now that I'm not adopting, I guess its less complicated. Katya Chervonets, who was in Nastia's group when they lived there, has invited me to spend a night at her apartment, so I can have two whole days at the orphanage. I've told the girls I want to spend a few hours taking them shopping, too. They are giddy with excitement!

Then I heard from a few of my former Shakespeare students in Kemerovo. Most of them will be home from university and can meet up with me! We are planning a celebratory 'picnic' together early in the week. One of them wrote me and said "Keri, this is simply a miracle. I am dreamed of seeing you again for two whole years. I cannot believe I will get to see you again!" That kind of made my night!

I keep thinking of all the kids I get to see again. Seeing Daniel will be hard, but I hope it will be good for him, too. I know I'll cry - alot - but I need to remind him face to face that I am in his corner for life. I have a whole photo album for him, too. He loves photos.

Okay, I need to get back to cleaning and organizing, but I wanted to update you all. I'll leave you with a few photos of the kids I'll be seeing next week!


Anya and Galya!


Zhenya!
Rosa!
Kyril!
Daniel and his posse!


Polina - the sweetest little love!



7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:57 PM

    It's amazing what one person can do. just found your blog a few days ago, and the one thing that stands out in reading it is how much you've accomplished in the past few years. It's quite inspiring. Someone once said never doubt what one person can do. you're living proof. have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you'll get to go...but so sad to see that my "favorites" are still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, Kate. I pray every night that the ban will be lifted, or that more international famlilies will start adopting from Russia. i hate thinking of them there for the rest of their childhoods....

      Delete
  3. ProudPatriot8:19 PM

    Have you ever considered writing a book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:55 AM

    Have a great trip! I will be praying for you all! Debby_in_MA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:36 PM

    Slava Bogu! Praying for a safe and fruitful trip!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!