‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wish Me Luck!

I'm heading out shortly to give a talk on the orphanage for a women's group about 15 miles away. It was very serendipitous how they found me.  A woman who was sending a Christmas box to the orphanage was stuck in a long line at the post office in December . A women behind her was curious about the big box headed to Russia and they struck up a conversation. This woman was given my contact info and she asked if I'd be willing to be the speaker at their monthly women's group.


So, off I go with all kinds of printed material, a photo slide-show, and a heartfelt speech. Can't think of a better way to spend Valentine's Day, especially after this week.

3 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like a great energy-exchange day for everyone involved. Can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it was splendid!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!