‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Monday, February 06, 2012

Calling All Kind Souls!

Last book my Dad had published before his death.

I need your help. Received a frantic message from Anya tonight. Once I reached her on skype, I couldn't even get her calm enough to tell me what was wrong, she just kept crying, and she was hysterical. She told me she knew she was going to die, and then we got cut off. Talk about anxiety.

Well, after trying skype over and over every single minute, I finally reached her again for exactly 60 seconds. It turns out she has not been back to the hospital since she was released. she was supposed to go for bi-weekly visits. Why didn't she go? Money. She thought she was helping me by ignoring the doctor because then she wouldn't have to ask me for more money. Well, her leg got terribly infected and she was forced to go.( I'm guessing that Ira made her.)

It was so bad they admitted her to their version of ICU. She's there now. The doctor was furious with her and told her she nearly lost her leg, and her life. He threatened her with sending her to a hospital 3 hours away for people with missing limbs. He was trying to scare her and it worked. (That is why she had told me earlier that she thought she was going to die.)

Anyway, she was sobbing and said she now had to ask me for more money, and she was so ashamed. I was just so grateful it was something I could actually help her with!

So, since I am sadly unemployed for the 4th month in a row, I do not have the extra funds to send at this moment. But I do have these great books my Dad wrote and gave to me before he died. They have never even been in bookstores yet, because my dad passed away before we distributed them. I stored them for a year while he was alive and then he gave them to me because he was tired of paying for storage..lol.

so - I am going to put them to good use, and a use I know my Dad would be proud of. For anyone who can make a donation over $20 to the Anya Fund in the next 24 hours (paypal button in the right hand column of this blog) I will send you a copy of this book. Just put your address in the 'note' when you donate.

I need to send her $500 for her current medical costs, so if I can get 25 people to donate, I'll have it covered. I know I don't have much time, as I'll need to send her the funds by Western Union tomorrow, but I've seen bigger miracles happen. And just think, maybe I'll create a new audience of readers of my dad's books at the same time! 

Thank you all! Sorry if this is really scattered and confusing to read. It's been a scary night and I'm covered in hives while I write this. Need to go calm myself down:)


5 comments:

  1. That was a no-brainer. Even without the book, I'd be happy to help. But the cover looks hilarious and, well, you KNOW how I feel about BOOKS! I forgot to put my address in the note, but it's connected to PayPal so maybe shows up? Let me know if it doesn't. Here's hoping for a speedy pileup of donations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keri, I cross posted. Prayers going up for you and Anya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christie! All the funds needed have been received!!!!!!!! God's provision is SHOCKING!!

      Delete
  4. That is so awesome! If you get extra, save it for more medical in the future. I'm sure Anya will need it.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!