‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Because of These Children

J, age 10. Will spend her childhood here in the orphanage, and then what?

K just arrived at the orphanage.

K has HIV and no access to meds. Who will care for him in years to come?

V and L, like all of them , just wants a family.

Far too many boys are passed over for adoption. Why?

P, my little sweetheart. With 4 older siblings, her chances for adoption are almost non-existent.

I've known these three for 6 years. They used to be sweet little boys. Now they struggle with drug addiction, stealing, fighting, alcoholism..and they are set to leave the orphanage for good this summer.

These are the reasons I write. I want to keep getting the word out about these kids. I want to keep finding ways to advocate for them. I can't do it without tremendous help, and significant donations. But I'll keep doing what I can until I dont have anything left to give.



7 comments:

  1. Breaks my heart all the way from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap, Kimmie!
    I feel so far removed from these gorgeous little ones, sending lots of love though xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keri - every day I pray for children's home #5. it's just a number but it means so much more for those who have been there.

    God - give us the strength to do you will and to help these children find forever families. May Your WILL be done through our hands and feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:10 AM

    Can you please email me about the little boy 'K' above? I don't know your email address. Mine is hibethany (at) hotmail (dot) com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just did a blog post and posted a link to your blog...I hope it helps gets the word out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Michelle!

    And, lifeonplanetearth, I'm sadly unable to share any info at present. I'm hoping that'll change in a few months. Right now K is unavailable, but i'm PRAYING I can help that change! Please keep him in your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for being the voice of these precious ones!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!