‘What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men …… That is what love looks like.’ - St. Augustine

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Adoption & Your #1 Lamest Excuse

Since I've been a part of this 'Top Adoption Blogs' race to the top and, actually, since I started advocating for the children in Nastia's former orphanage, I get alot of emails and messages that go like this:


" Oh, you're so lucky you have the funds to adopt. My husband and I would do it in a SECOND if we only had the money.."


I can't tell you how many people have written similar words in the past few years. The number is astronomical. If you're a facebook friend, just take a look back on my wall, and anytime I promoted adoption..you'll see a nice long list of 'poor me' responses from people that WANT to adopt but financially can't afford it. You know what I say to this?


BULLCRAP!


yes, bullcrap. I know its not a nice word and this is a G-rated blog and everything, but...BULLCRAP. i am so tired of hearing this excuse I could just scream. Tell it like it is, people..call a spade a spade: its not the money but the fear of the unknown or the concern of disrupting your life or the worry that you won't be a good mother or, or or. but for God's sake, stop using money as an excuse, because it is the LAMEST excuse of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say? Leave a comment!